ALCS shifts to Kansas Arian Foster Jersey Cheap City with the Royals up 2-0
Kauffman Stadium has not hosted an ALCS game since 1985, so when the Royals ride their six-game postseason winning streak home to face the Orioles for Game 3, they will be the guests of honor at what promises to be the Midwest’s most remarkable party so far this year.
“It’s going to be tremendous,” the Royals’ Billy Butler said. “The atmosphere in the Wild Card Game and the ALDS was Arian Foster Jersey tremendous. I couldn’t imagine it being better, but I think it will be.”
The Royals have not trailed in any of the first 19 innings of this series, a pair of thrilling and taut affairs at Camden Yards. The Orioles had not lost back-to-back games at home since June 28-29, and no team has won a best-of-seven LCS after losing the first two games at home.
Baltimore center fielder Adam Jones wasn’t losing any sleep over those facts during Sunday’s workout in Kansas City, and scoffed at the suggestion that the Orioles’ situation might call for a team meeting to hit the reset button.
“We know what we’re doing, we’re grown men,” Jones said. “We’re not little kids who sit around the circle and play ‘Duck, Duck, Goose.’ We’re just going to approach the game as we approach every game all season and do what we do best.”
Wet conditions are in the forecast for Monday evening, but both clubs are proceeding according to schedule, setting up a Arian Foster Apparel Game 3 pitching matchup of Orioles left-hander Wei-Yin Chen and Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
“It should make for a good three games,” the Royals’ Eric Hosmer said. “Or, hopefully, two games.”
Chen has pitched well in Kansas City, where he is 1-0 with a Houston Texans Arian Foster NFL Football Uniforms 2.84 ERA in two career starts, and the Orioles would relish seeing some better distance from their starters after Chris Tillman and Bud Norris each logged just 4 1/3 innings in Games 1 and 2, respectively. “For me, I want to keep it simple,” Chen said through an interpreter. “It doesn’t matter to me if we’re ahead or behind. For me, my job is to go out and pitch a good game. It doesn’t change, whether it’s 0-2 or 2-0. I just want to go out and pitch a good game.” Guthrie wore Orioles orange from 2007-11 and said that it feels “serendipitous” to be going up against some of his former teammates now that the organization has arrived back near the top.
“To be in the playoffs with Kansas City is very exciting,” Guthrie said. “And then to come back and play against a team that I played with before makes it even that much more interesting and ironic, I think.” Most of the Royals spoke with care after Game 2, not wanting to stir up back page headlines. But when asked if he expected to come back to Baltimore, outfielder Jarrod Dyson dropped his guard to the Kansas City Star: “No sir, I don’t. And I don’t think that they [the Orioles] think that, either.”
Understandably, that wasn’t a popular opinion in the Baltimore clubhouse. It is no accident that the O’s are among the four teams still Men’s Nike Houston Texans 23 Arian Foster Elite Navy Blue Team Color Jersey standing, and they show no indication that Arian Foster Jersey Number their confidence has been shaken by the two losses.
“I believe that we’ll come back,” Nelson Cruz said. “What’s important is what we believe in here. it doesn’t matter what people think outside from this door. That’s my only answer.”
Royals: Moose’s wild ride
Mike Moustakas was demoted to the Minors in May and struggled mightily when he was back with the Royals in September, but he is making up for it in a huge way here in October.
The 26-year-old crushed his fourth home run of the postseason in the fourth inning of Game 2, connecting with an 87-mph Norris slider and hammering it over the scoreboard in right field.
“I’m just getting good pitches to hit right now,” Moustakas said. “I don’t think much has changed with my swing or anything like that. I’m just getting good pitches and not missing them.”
Moustakas tied Willie Mays Aikens’ 1980 franchise record for homers in a single postseason. Moustakas is also the first No. 9 hitter to homer in four different games in a single postseason and has tied Adam Kennedy and Jason Varitek for the most homers by a No. 9 hitter in postseason history.
Orioles: Jones’ patience rewarded
Jones may be getting his playoff stroke going at just the right time. His third-inning homer off Yordano Ventura in Game 2 marked Jones’ first career postseason extra-base hit, coming in his 11th postseason game.
The Orioles are well acquainted with the impact that Jones can provide on both sides of the ball, but he had been patiently waiting for an October moment like this one. The Baltimore center fielder was 5-for-43 with no extra-base hits in the postseason before the homer.
“I feel better at the plate. I think that’s the key thing, is to be comfortable at the plate,” Jones said.
• Kansas City posted at least one runner on base in each of its first 17 innings of the ALCS, establishing a new record, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The previous record for consecutive innings with a runner on base to start a postseason series was 15, set by the 2002 Oakland Athletics in the ALDS against the Twins.
• In addition to six straight to start this postseason, the Royals have won nine straight postseason games dating back to the 1985 World Series, the longest active streak among Major League clubs. Those nine straight wins are tied for sixth all-time with the 2007-08 Red Sox.
• Kansas City’s Jarrod Dyson, who has the word “Zoom” shaved into Arian Foster Clothing his head, is 0-for-2 in stolen-base attempts during this series. Dyson was nailed Men’s Nike Houston Texans 23 Arian Foster 10th Anniversary Elite Battle Red Alternate Jersey trying to swipe second base in the seventh inning of Game 2.
• Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph had been hitless in his last 33 at-bats, including 30 at-bats in the regular season, before connecting for a fourth-inning single in Game 2. Joseph also knocked a sixth-inning hit, going 2-for-3 with a sacrifice fly.
• Cruz owns 20 career LCS RBIs, good for a 10th-place tie all time with Reggie Jackson and Jim Edmonds. Bernie Williams holds the all-time LCS record with 33 RBIs.